DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Full-time Permanent)
The Loran Scholars Foundation is looking for a dynamic emerging professional to join our team as a Development Coordinator. We are a national charity, working in partnership with Canadian universities and hundreds of donors and volunteers across the country to offer Canada’s top undergraduate award recognizing character, service and leadership potential. We challenge Loran Scholars and alumni to be socially responsible, entrepreneurial and community-focused leaders who will positively impact society.
Location: Remote from anywhere in Canada, with some travel to Toronto and other destinations within Canada.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated individual. You are passionate about youth leadership, education and community engagement, and are looking for an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience as you build your career in the fundraising and development sphere. You would describe yourself as both left- and right-brained: you are analytic, love problem solving and are extremely organized, and love engaging with people and exploring new and creative ways to create impact. You are engaged in your community, and giving back is important to you.
What will you do?
As part of a small and dynamic team, the Development Coordinator provides administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient running of Loran’s Development team and fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Manager, Development, you will be responsible for coordinating all prospecting and donor stewardship activities of the CEO and Manager, including calendar scheduling, correspondence and travel, and will support the Development team’s success through research, drafting of correspondence and records management. In this integral role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the Foundation’s mission by helping to generate additional support and resources from donors across the country, work collaboratively with other teams including program and marketing to develop donor communications and stewardship pieces, and will learn about non-profit management, governance and major gift fundraising.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Development, your key role is to enhance the effectiveness of Loran’s fundraising activities including administrative support, maintenance of development systems, and donor cultivation and stewardship activities.
Development Systems and Administration
- Independently manage gift entry, gift designation, receipting and gift stewardship with sustained accuracy, excellent attention to detail and promptness.
- Drafting gift agreements and gift processing forms, and preparing donor acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders.
- Design Salesforce reports, pull data, and analyze and interpret results to support decision making, strategy, monthly reconciliations, and quarterly fundraising reporting.
- Generate segmented lists for mailings, invitations, etc. and conduct mail merges.
- Contribute to the regular maintenance of donor databases and related systems to ensure accuracy of data and internal consistency of records and reports, and work to identify and resolve any entry or data inconsistencies.
- In collaboration with the Development and Operations teams, support the ongoing identification, development and testing of ways to improve gift processing procedures, as well as automation and integration opportunities between systems.
- Coordinate meetings and book travel for CEO and development team members for donor prospecting and stewardship visits.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Committee.
- Conduct research and prepare briefing notes and other materials as required for meetings and events.
- Supporting Development staff in the preparation and execution of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events including Loran’s National Community Celebration.
- Draft stewardship materials, including thank you notes, and other integral donor communications.
- Support the donations renewal and acknowledgement processes.
- Contribute to the development of communications materials as they relate to donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Keep informed of successful fundraising techniques and best practices, and implement these to further the foundation’s fundraising goals.
- Contribute as required to the Foundation’s diverse operations and projects, including scholar selections and stewardship, marketing activities, annual retreat, thought-leadership and other duties as assigned.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary diploma or degree.
- 1+ year of related experience supporting fundraising efforts and/or in Marketing or Sales.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a high relationship-based environment.
- Internal and external networking and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong diplomatic and discretionary skills.
- A high level of organization, with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize workload among multiple and concurrent projects and work independently as well as work as part of a remote team.
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong computer literacy, including experience with database reporting, mail-merge techniques and demonstrated skills with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Salesforce/Raisers Edge, Airtable, Mailchimp.
- A private space to work and access to a stable internet and phone connection.
- Ability to travel occasionally for up to a week at a time.
What’s nice to have?
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- A high level of enthusiasm for Loran’s mission of leadership development and supporting high-potential youth.
- Prior experience in fundraising related to the Canadian post-secondary, educational, or youth-leadership sectors.
- Experience with digital fundraising campaigns.
Salary: $50,000 plus employer contribution to a retirement savings plan after three months Vacation: three-weeks paid vacation plus a two-week winter holiday office closure Benefits: extended health and dental benefits after three months
Closing Date: Resumes will be considered, and interviews will take place, as they are received. Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply
Please forward your résumé and cover letter in one PDF file to Lily Manea, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.
The Loran Scholars Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including those from historically marginalized communities; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please communicate your requirements if contacted.