Over the past month and a half, 5 graduating Loran Scholars returned to their hometowns to thank the inspirational teachers whom they nominated for the Loran Teachers Building Leaders Award.
The award, generously supported by the McCall MacBain Foundation, recognizes primary and secondary school teachers who provided early guidance and encouragement for our scholars.
From left to right:
- Janique Fillion (Rebanks Loran Scholar ’14) awarded Mr. Stéphane Tétreault (École communautaire Réal-Bérard, Saint-Pierre-Jolys, MB).
- Milton Calderon Donefer (Loran Scholar ’15) honoured Mr. Kevin Caldwell (Burnham Public School, Cobourg) and Ms. Erin Mackenzie (Cobourg Collegiate Institute, Cobourg, ON).
- Hannah Lank (Temerty Loran Scholar ’15) presented to Mr. Morgan Gregory and Mr. Chris Young (Kelvin High School, Winnipeg, MB).
- Callen Hageman (Alumni Association Loran Scholar ’14) recognized Ms. Margot Peck (Uxbridge Secondary School, Uxbridge, ON).
- Erin Knight (Scace Loran Scholar ’15) congratulated Ms. Jody Jubenvill (Gilbert Plains Collegiate, Gilbert Plains, MB) and Ms. Lindsay Agnew (Whitmore School, Dauphin, MB).
There are 14 upcoming presentations confirmed for May and June.