The Loran Scholar
Becoming a Loran Scholar will launch you on an inspiring, life-long journey to create positive change. It is a transformational opportunity to grow by challenging your limits, and to develop your ability to lead with integrity, in order to build a brighter future for all.
The Loran Award offers a four-year leadership-enrichment program, financial support for undergrad, diverse opportunities for experiential learning, and a long-term supportive community of peers and mentors—people who will inspire and motivate you in your pursuit to make a difference.
As a scholar, you will benefit from:
A Comprehensive, Four-Year Leadership Enrichment Program
- Skill & capacity building
- Experiential learning across the public policy, enterprise, and community development sectors
- Immersive learning in different parts of Canada & abroad
An Inspirational Community of Peers and Mentors
- One-on-one mentorship from a business or community leader
- Scholar gatherings and community building
- A diverse network of scholar and alumni peers
- Long-term membership in a community of values-driven individuals
Being a Loran Scholar comes with challenges and responsibilities, as well.
Scholars are expected to:
- Complete their undergraduate studies at one of Loran’s 25 partner universities
- Demonstrate continued growth in community service and leadership throughout their undergraduate studies
- Participate in the mentorship program, work-integrated learning, and annual community gatherings
- Live in residence on campus during their first year of undergrad, and independently in their university community during their upper years
- Maintain a minimum B+ (77%) CPGA
Each year, Loran also grants over $400,000 annually to outstanding applicants at the national and semi-final levels.
Up to 54 $6,000 one-time entrance award (tenable for full time study at any accredited public university in Canada)
Loran Provincial &
Up to 70 $2,000 one-time entrance award (tenable for full time study at any accredited public university in Canada)
Our 25 university partners signal their support for Loran Scholars and trust in our selection process by providing an annual tuition waiver of up to $11,000 for each student, matching the stipends funded by our donors. These institutions provide Loran Scholars with access to the best academic programs across Canada and join us in stewarding scholars throughout their undergraduate studies. This partnership is unique in Canada.
Are you ready to take your
first steps in becoming a
Learn everything you need to know about our eligibility criteria and how to successfully complete your online application.
Have more questions?
Check out our
Find answers to the most commonly-asked questions about applying for the Loran Award.